GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The use of your Card is governed by these Terms and Conditions. When you use your Card you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Account means the card account kept by us in the name of the Cardholder in which debits and credits in respect of Transactions are recorded.
Agreement means this agreement (and Conditions) between the Cardholder and us for the opening of an Account and the issue of a Card and incorporates the application form and each card carrier (a confidential mailing slip or cover containing instructions regarding authentication and security and the current Credit Limit), all fees and charges booklets and schedules and all other documents that are incorporated into these Conditions or otherwise become part of our agreement with you.
AIB Internet Banking means the online system made available by AIB for approximately 20 hours a day to enable you to access and utilise your Account via the internet and/or other internet technology-based telecommunication media.
AIB Phone Banking means the system provided by AIB to enable you to access and utilise your Account for approximately 20 hours a day by telephone using a self-service facility and/or the adviser facility 24 hours a day by telephone.
AIB Phone & Internet Banking means AIB Phone Banking, AIB Internet Banking.
AIB Internet Banking Message Centre means the facility available to users of AIB Internet Banking which allows you to receive and access messages sent by us to you.
Authorised User means a person, nominated by the Cardholder and permitted to use an additional Card.
Available Credit means at any time the unutilised amount of the Credit Limit.
Balance Transfer means the transfer to the Account, with our consent, of an amount owed on a credit card or store card to another financial institution (but excludes transfers of debt from existing AIB Cards).
Business Day means a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) on which we are generally open for business in Ireland and, where a payment to an account with another bank is involved, on which the Payee's bank is also open for business.
Card means a credit card issued to the Cardholder or any Authorised User for the purpose of effecting Transactions on the Account pursuant to the terms of the Agreement and incorporates all elements of that card, including, without limitation, the Chip.
Cardholder means only the person in whose name the Account is maintained and does not include Authorised Users.
Cash Machine means a machine which dispenses cash and/or, in some cases, receives lodgements and/or performs other banking functions.
Chip means an integrated circuit embedded in a Card.
Conditions means these terms and conditions as amended, extended, supplemented or replaced from time to time.
Credit Limit means the maximum debit balance that you are allowed to have outstanding on the Account at any time.
EEA means the current members of the European Economic Area as may be amended from time to time.
Merchant means any business or individual who accepts payment made with a Card.
Payee means the receiver of the payment.
Payer means the maker of the payment.
PIN means the secret personal identification number that is used with a Card as allotted by us and/or subsequently chosen by you.
Secure System means a system approved by us to enable the secure use of your Card over the Internet.
Statement means a paper or electronic statement issued by us, in respect of the Account.
Transaction means a transaction in which a Card is used to obtain goods, services or cash on credit (includes all debits and credits made to the Account pursuant to this Agreement.
"you" and "your" refers to the Cardholder and, unless the context otherwise requires, any Authorised User.
Any references to "we"; "us"; and "our" or "Bank"means Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c . and includes our successors and assigns. We are regulated as a credit institution by the Central Bank of Ireland of PO Box 559,
In these Conditions where the context so allows, reference to any gender includes all genders and the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
1. Subject to these terms and conditions, our credit card service allows you to pay for goods and services purchased from Merchants, or to withdraw cash including cash from Cash Machines or by any other means where the appropriate credit card logo is displayed. A Credit Limit is applied and interest is payable after any relevant interest free period.
2. There is a variety of means by which you can authorise such Transactions, these include:
Looking after your Card and PIN
3. The Card and PIN must be used in accordance with these Conditions. Each Card is and remains our property and may be cancelled, suspended, recalled or retained by us in accordance with the provisions of the Agreement.
4. You must:
5. You must not:
6. We will set a Credit Limit on the Account. We may, subject to applicable law or regulation, vary the Credit Limit from time to time. We will notify you of any such variation. If your Card is used for a transaction which would bring the outstanding debit balance ("Outstanding Balance") in excess of the Credit Limit, we reserve the right to authorise or decline such transactions. If we authorise a Transaction in excess of the Credit Limit currently applying to the Account, this will not affect the Credit Limit and subsequent transactions bringing the Outstanding Balance in excess of the Credit Limit or where the Credit Limit has been exceeded may be declined.
7. Where you provide your Card number to a Merchant in relation to any transaction, your Available Credit may be reduced by the amount or an estimate of the amount of the transaction before the transaction is completed.
8. In some cases a Merchant may obtain specific authorisation in advance from us or our agents to honour a Card for a particular transaction. This may affect the Available Credit.
9. A Card must not be used:
10. A request for a Balance Transfer will only be considered where the other financial institution is within a country where the euro is the national currency and clearance of the amount owed can be effected by us by electronic means. Balance Transfers will only be made in euro. Transfers of amounts owed on existing AIB Cards will be regarded as normal outstanding balances and not Balance Transfers.
11. Your Card may be used for cash withdrawals, advances made by Card or Card number, and cash related Transactions, such as the purchase of cash. A cash advance fee may also apply and where the transaction is not done at a Cash Machine you may also be asked for proof of identity.
12. Cash withdrawals are subject to both transaction and daily limits. The transaction limit can vary between financial institutions and from time to time. The cash limit will be determined by us and may vary from time to time. Details of the daily cash limit are available from us.
13. We will not be obliged to provide Cash Machine facilities at any particular time and may withdraw or terminate such facilities without notice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from failure to provide any service, or failure or malfunction of a Cash Machine.
14. A Card may be used outside Ireland subject to any limits or regulations that may be imposed by the appropriate regulatory authorities from time to time.
15. Where the Card is used to obtain euro in a country where the national currency is not the euro, the local bank may convert the amount of euro into the local currency and may charge a foreign exchange margin. This may result in an amount debited from the Account that is different to the amount you withdrew. Where the Card is used to obtain a currency other than euro, Condition 31 will apply.
16. At the request of the Cardholder we may permit the issue of an additional Card, together with a separate PIN, for use by a person nominated by you (an "Authorised User"). However, there is no obligation on us to do so. You may inquire from your local branch whether this facility is available. If we consent to the issue of an additional Card, it will be issued subject to these Conditions. The Authorised User will be bound to observe these Conditions to the extent that they apply or are relevant. It is the responsibility of the Cardholder to furnish the Authorised User with a copy of these Conditions. The Cardholder must ensure that the Authorised User complies with these Conditions and any subsequent amendments or replacement Conditions. The Cardholder is primarily responsible for all transactions for which the additional Card is used, including those charged to the Account after the additional Card has been returned to us.
17. We will cancel any additional Card at any time if the Cardholder requests this in writing, in which case the additional Card, cut in two (through the signature box, magnetic strip and Chip) for security reasons, must be returned to us at the address in the 'Contacting us' section of these Conditions.
18. By entering into this Agreement, the Cardholder gives us the authority to pass on information about the Account or transactions to any Authorised User by electronic or other means. By accepting an additional Card an Authorised User authorises us to pass on information about Transactions effected by use of the Additional Card to the Cardholder by electronic or other means. However, no amendments to the Account details or variation of the Credit Limit will be accepted from an Authorised User.
19. The Cardholder is liable for the payment of all Transactions carried out by an Authorised User regardless of the ability of that Authorised User or whether they are a minor or not, as if the Transactions had been personally carried out by the Cardholder.
Loss or misuse of a Card
20. You will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the Card. If you think someone else knows your PIN, or if your Card is lost, copied, mislaid, stolen, used, or likely to be used, for a fraudulent or improper purpose, you must contact us immediately. Our contact details are set out in the "Contacting us" section of these Conditions. We may request that you confirm the same in writing to us, but without affecting the validity of any action taken by us in response to your telephone call.
21. Notification of loss or theft of a Card will be accepted by us from card protection service organisations.
22. By reporting a Card as lost, copied, mislaid or stolen or as being used, or likely to be used, for a fraudulent or improper purpose, you will be deemed to have thereby authorised us to cancel that Card. It cannot be used again. If found, it must be cut in two (through the signature box, magnetic strip and Chip) for security reasons and returned to us immediately at the address in the 'Contacting Us' section of these Conditions
23. Your liability will be limited to an overall limit of EUR75 for any losses incurred in respect of unauthorised payment transaction arising from the use of a lost or stolen card or from a failure to keep personalised security features safe. However, you will be liable for all unauthorised transactions if:
24. In the event of notification by you in accordance with Condition 20 above you will co-operate with us and the relevant police authority in any investigation and give us and the police all information relating to such loss, theft or disclosure and all reasonable assistance to lead to the recovery of the Card. You authorise us to inform any appropriate third party of the loss, mislaying, theft or possible misuse of the Card and to give them such other information as may be required.
25. If we suspect that a Card is being used improperly, fraudulently or in breach of this agreement we may decline to authorise any further transactions on the Account until we have contacted you. We will endeavour to contact you before we take this decision but this may not be possible. You hereby agree and authorise us to take such actions as we deem necessary including suspending the Account in such circumstances. You agree that any contact by us is for the purposes of combating wrongdoing and is not connected to this Agreement.
26. The amount of all Transactions will be debited to the Account reducing the Available Credit. The timing of the debit will depend on when we receive the Transaction details from the Merchant or the Merchant's bank or, in the case of a cash withdrawal, when we receive details of the withdrawal.
Payment for goods or services
27. Use of your card is subject to transaction and daily limits as set by us. The Cardholder will be liable to pay all sums that are charged to the Account in respect of or resulting from all Transactions including where such Transactions are effected by telephone, mail order, internet, PIN, signature or in breach of these Conditions. You should therefore check the amount of every Transaction before you authorise it.
28. You accept that electronic communications via the internet or SMS-based telecommunications media may not be secure and may be intercepted by unauthorised persons or delivered incorrectly. Any such communications shall be at your risk.
29. Once authorised a Transaction cannot be subsequently revoked (whether or not a voucher is signed or a PIN number verified) as we guarantee payment. Where you have authorised a Merchant to set up a continuous payment instruction on your Account and you wish to cancel it, you must send a written cancellation notice to the Merchant and keep a copy of the letter. When a Transaction is authorised by use of a Card and PIN, the use of the PIN will be regarded as conclusive evidence that the Transaction was authorised by you. You should always check the amount of the Transaction before entering your PIN.
30. When a Transaction is authorised by the use of a Secure System the use of the Secure System will be regarded as conclusive evidence that the Transaction was authorised by you. Use of any Secure System by you is subject to the terms and conditions of the Secure System.
31. The amount of any non-euro Transaction will be converted to euro at the rate of exchange applicable on the date the Transaction is debited to the Account in accordance with the procedures of Visa and accordingly the date of conversion may not be the date of the Transaction. We have no control over when the Transaction will actually be processed by Visa. For transactions in EEA countries we can provide you with an indicative rate of exchange on the day of the Transaction if you contact us, but as outlined above, this may not be the actual rate that will be applied as exchange rates may fluctuate between the date of a Transaction and the date on which the transaction amount is debited to the Account. In addition to the fees and charges referred to in Condition 49 you may also be charged a transaction fee by the local bank which processes the Transaction. Our contact details are set out in the "Contacting Us" section in these Conditions.
Monthly Statement payment arrangements
32. We will normally issue a Statement monthly to the Cardholder, on a date which we may decide, containing (a) details of all Transactions debited and credited to the Account since the previous Statement (or, in the case of the first Statement, since the opening of the Account), and (b) the Outstanding Balance (if any) at the Statement date.
33. If a Statement is not received for any month, or if it cannot be produced or issued for any reason your responsibilities under this Agreement continue. You will be required to obtain details of the Outstanding Balance and make the appropriate minimum payment by using our online or telephone banking facilities or by contacting us.
34. The initial monthly payment will fall due within the period chosen on the application form following the first use of the Card. Each month the Cardholder must make the minimum payment to the Account as stipulated in the Statement for that month. When setting up a direct debit the Cardholder may select as the minimum payment percentage any of the following percentages: 3%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 25%, 50% (subject to a minimum payment of EUR6.35 if greater) or 100%. The minimum payment for customers who do not pay by direct debit will be calculated at 3% of the balance or €6.35, which ever is the greater. Other than when paying by direct debit, the Cardholder must ensure that the payment is made or sent so as to reach us at the specified address for payment to be credited to the Account not later than the payment due date (this is specified in your Statement). Any payment made will take effect when correctly received by us and credited to the Account.
35. The maximum payment and cut off times by which you make payments to your Account are detailed below. The processing time differs depending on the payment method chosen. Payment value will be given for the Business Day on which the payment instruction is received by us. The time taken for a payment to be processed may be extended by a further Business Day for paper initiated payments. Cheque payments are excluded from the payment timeline outlined below.
|Method of Payment||Timeframe||Business Day Cut-off Times|
|Cash payment at counter in AIB Branch||Immediate||Branch closing time|
|Other payment in AIB Branch||Next Business Day by 5pm||Branch closing time|
|Payments made via AIB Phone & Internet Banking or AIB in-branch Kiosk||Same Business Day||6pm|
|Payments made in non-AIB institutions||Next Business Day when received by us||Defined by each institution|
36. If the minimum payment is not paid by the due date, we may decline to authorise transactions.
37. We may grant, at our discretion, a payment holiday (a period when we may allow you to defer a payment or payments). Interest will continue to be charged under Conditions 52 to 55 and the period referred to in Condition 55 will not be extended.
38. The Cardholder must pay on demand, and in any case, on receiving the Statement:-
39. Should a payment be received more than 3 Business Days prior to the payment due date, the amount calculated for payment by direct debit will be reduced by this amount. Payments received within 3 Business Days of the payment due date will not reduce the amount collected by direct debit. The Cardholder must ensure that funds are available to meet all payments due on the Account.
40. We reserve the right to debit the Account by the amount of any unpaid item or any other amount which we are obliged to refund to a third party for any justifiable reason.
41. Without affecting any other right of set off which we may have, if you have a credit balance on any other account with us (whether due or not and in any currency), we may use this credit balance to satisfy any sum due on the Account. We may or may not give prior notification to you where this is done.
Queries and Disputes
42. You should carefully examine all Statements and any other Account information received by you or accessed by you online and immediately report any disputed transactions, errors or omissions to us. We recommend that you review your Account details online on a regular basis. In the event you have a query concerning a Transaction on your Account please contact us immediately. Our contact details are set out in the 'Contacting Us' section of these Conditions.
43. Where the Payer's bank and the Payee's bank are both located in the EEA and the Payment in question was in euro or the currency of a member state of the EEA outside the euro area:
(a) you must notify us without undue delay on becoming aware of any unauthorised Transaction on your Account. Where you are not liable under Condition 23 and you notify us without undue delay we will refund to you the amount of any payment debited to your Account which was not authorised by you and, where necessary, restore your Account to the state it would have been in had the Transaction not taken place. We will consider that there has been undue delay in this regard if you fail to notify us within 60 days of the date of the Transaction being debited to your Account. You will be liable for all unauthorised transactions as a result of the breach of Condition 23.
(b) where an authorised payment was not paid correctly by us and you contact us within 8 weeks, we will refund you within 10 Business Days of your request, where you can show us that;
(i) your authorisation did not specify the exact amount of the payment when the authorisation was made; and
(ii) the amount of the payment exceeded the amount that you could reasonably have expected taking into account your previous spending pattern.
If you make a claim for such a refund you must provide to us all relevant information requested by us and for the purpose of computing the 10 Business Day period referred to within this Condition your request will only be deemed to have been made when you provide all such information. If we dispute your right to a refund we will advise you of our reasons. If you are not satisfied with our reasons you may make a complaint in accordance with the complaints procedures detailed in the 'Complaints' section.
(c) Where a payment was not executed by us or was incorrectly executed by us we will refund you and where applicable restore your Account to the position it would have been in had the non-executed or incorrectly executed payment not taken place providing:
(i) there is no undue delay on your part in notifying us of an incorrectly executed or non-executed executed payment.
(ii) none of the events detailed in Condition 66 prevented us from making the payment.
Regardless of the issue of liability, where you notify us of an incorrectly executed payment we will make immediate efforts to trace the defective payment. If as a result of our investigation we establish that the payment was correctly executed, we reserve the right to debit your Account with our charges.
44. Where the Payee's bank is located outside the EEA and you wish to dispute a transaction you must notify us immediately or within 60 days of the transaction being debited to your Account, as you may be entitled to a refund.
45.The following applies to Statements:
46.Upon accessing your Statement, using AIB Internet Banking, the Statement will be displayed in a separate session window. This means that when you close AIB Internet Banking the Statement will remain on screen unless closed by you. You must close this session window and not leave it open to view by, or in any way accessible to, third parties. In particular you must not save a Statement on a PC which is not your own. Your last twelve statements will be available to view.
47. We may at our discretion, at any time and for any reason (including arrears on the Account), suspend your access to Statements during which time you will receive paper statements via post. Such suspension may be caused by circumstances beyond our control.
Annual Percentage Rate of Charge
48.The annual percentage rate of charge (APR) applied to the Account is designed to measure the total cost of credit to the consumer and will be advised to the Cardholder on the opening of the Account. We may vary the APR at any time. A variation will normally be caused by market conditions, changes in the cost of providing the service, including variations in the prevailing ECB and market rates, changes in legal or other requirements affecting us, promotional reasons or any other good reason.
Any variation in the interest rate will result in a change in the APR. If we vary the interest rate (and consequently the APR) we will notify (in accordance with Condition 74) the Cardholder of the variation and also of the corresponding change in the APR. On receiving such notification, the Cardholder may end the Agreement and cancel the Card(s) in accordance with Condition 57.
Fees, Charges & Interest
49.All fees, charges and interest payable in connection with the Account will be the Cardholder's liability and will be debited to the Account in accordance with the following arrangements:
50. Where a Card is used to obtain a cash advance, a cash advance fee will apply as notified to you from time to time in the schedule of fees and charges relevant to your Account type for the time being in force. In all cases, the cash advance fee will be debited to the Account on the date of the cash advance and will appear in the next Statement.
51. Separate charges may be incurred and debited to the Account and will be advised to you from time to time. These can be in respect of late payments, returned payments, copy Statements or copy vouchers or operating in excess of your Credit Limit. These charges will be advised to you in writing on the opening of the Account and will be published in the schedule of fees and charges relevant to your Account type for the time being in force. We will ensure that the charges conform to any scale or amounts that may be set under any law, regulation or other order.
52. Interest will not be charged if you pay the full Balance shown on your current Statement by the payment due date shown on the Statement and additionally you have paid the full Balance shown on your previous Statement by the payment due date shown on that Statement. The interest rate for purchases and cash advances being applied to an Account will be notified to you on the Statement. We calculate interest using the interest rate as at the date of your Statement, and interest is calculated using the average daily balance since the date of your previous Statement
53. If the full balance is not repaid by the payment due date shown on your Statement, interest is charged on the full balance from the date the Transaction was debited to the Account, as shown on your Statement, until full repayment is credited to the Account. Interest on Balance Transfer transactions will be charged from the date the transaction was debited to the Account until full repayment is made.
54. Subject to Condition 52 above, interest will be payable on all amounts owing to us on the Account. Interest will accrue (as well after judgement or demand as before) on a daily basis at the current (variable) rate advised to you. Interest will be charged to the Account monthly. In respect of Transactions, interest will accrue and be charged from the date it is debited to your Account (this appears on your Statement as the posting date) to the date full payment is received and credited to the Account. Where a part payment is made, interest will continue to accrue and be charged on the remaining balance up to and including the date of the next Statement, when the interest for the period will be debited to the Account. If you pay the full Balance on your current Statement but have not paid the full Balance on your previous statement you will be charged interest. Interest will be calculated on the amount unpaid on your previous Statement.
55. Payments received will be deducted from the opening balances on the Account in the following order based on the portion of the balance representing:
The remainder (if any) will be applied to Transactions on the current Statement in the following order:
Issue of new cards
56. New Cards may be issued by us to you from time to time without the need for further application. If a Card is reported lost, copied or stolen, we can refuse to issue a new Card if:-
Ending the agreement
57. T1. The Agreement shall continue until ended by either the Cardholder or us. The Cardholder may at any time end the Agreement by giving notice in writing to us and returning all Card(s) cancelled by being cut in two (through the signature box, magnetic strip and Chip) to us.
we (having served on the Cardholder any notice required in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act, 1995) may suspend any Card, end the Agreement, cancel all Card(s) and/or refuse to issue, renew or replace any Card whereupon you must cut all Card(s) in two (through the signature box, magnetic strip and Chip) and return them to us.
Unless we are permitted by law to give you shorter notice, we may terminate the Agreement by giving you at least two month's notice.
60. We may publish the suspension or cancellation of any Card.
61. If you make a notification under Condition 20 or 21 or if the Agreement is ended we may request a retailer or other person to retain any Card or cancel any Card by cutting it in two (through the signature box, magnetic strip and Chip) and return them to us.
62. If this Agreement is ended (by the Cardholder or by us) the Cardholder will remain liable for all transactions and must pay in full the Outstanding Balance on the date the Agreement is ended as well as: all outstanding Transactions, fees and charges, all stamp duties and government levies and any accrued but unpaid interest. The terms of this Agreement will remain in full force until all money owed is paid. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no other costs incurred by the Cardholder in respect of termination of this Agreement.
63. On the death or legal disability of the Cardholder, the Outstanding Balance on the Account will become a liability of the estate of the Cardholder and all Cards must be returned to us cut in two (through the signature box, magnetic strip and Chip).
64. We may assign or otherwise transfer all or any of our rights, benefits and/or obligations under the Agreement to any natural or legal person.
65. If a Merchant initiates a refund we will only credit the Account with the amount due upon receipt of the refund amount from the Merchant and, unless so credited (but subject to any rights conferred on you by law), the Account will be payable in full.
Refunds are not treated as payments made to the Account and therefore will not be reflected in the current amount due for settlement as required under Condition 34. The amount due must be settled in the normal manner and any refund received will be recognised and taken into account in the following Statement.
66. We shall neither be in breach of our obligations under the Agreement nor liable for any loss or damage suffered by you if there is any total or partial failure of performance of our duties and obligations occasioned by any act of God, fire, act of government or state, war, civil commotion, insurrection, embargo, inability to communicate with third parties for whatever reason, failure of any computer or settlement system, failure of or delay in the transmission of messages via any mobile phone network, prevention from or hindrance in obtaining any energy or other supplies, labour disputes of whatever nature, late or mistaken payment by an agent or any other reason (whether or not similar in kind to any of the above) beyond our control or that of our agents or sub-contractors.
67. The documents and records kept by us or on our behalf, whether on paper, microfilm, by electronic recording or otherwise, will, in the absence of manifest error, constitute conclusive evidence of any facts or events relied upon by us in connection with any matter or dealing in relation to the Account.
68. We are not obliged to grant or continue any additional facility or benefit made available to you which is not specified in the Agreement. Accordingly, any such facility or benefit may be varied or withdrawn by us without notice.
69. Save to the extent we are unable under applicable law to disclaim such liability, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of the failure of third party providers of additional facilities and benefits to perform their duties and obligations.
70. We may record or monitor phone calls between you and us so that we can check instructions and make sure that we are meeting our service standards and to ensure the security of our business, and that of our customers and staff.
Variation of the Agreement
71. These Conditions shall continue to apply to your Account unless and until altered by us in accordance with Conditions 72 to 75.
72. We may alter the terms of the Agreement from time to time. Alterations will normally be caused by market conditions, changes in the cost of providing the service, changes in legal or other requirements affecting us, promotional reasons or any other good reasons.
73. Unless we are permitted by law to give you shorter notice, we will notify you at least two months in advance of any alteration to these Conditions.
74. Notification of any such alteration (and notifications of alterations in the interest rate, the Credit Limit or the fees and charges) may be given by advertisement published in a national daily newspaper or post, or being enclosed with the Statement or the card, or by being prominently displayed at our branches in a notice addressed to 'All AIB Bank Card Holders', or by any other means required or permitted by law.
75. On receiving such notification, the Cardholder may end the Agreement and cancel the Card(s) in accordance with Condition 57. If you use the Card(s) after the notification you will be deemed to have accepted the changes. Notwithstanding any such termination, the Cardholder shall remain liable for all Transactions.
76. If we do not enforce any Condition of this Agreement, or we delay in enforcing it, this will not prevent us from enforcing the Condition retrospectively at a later date and will not constitute a waiver of that Condition.
No liability for refusal or for goods or services
77. We shall not be liable for any loss arising as a result of the refusal or delayed acceptance of any Card by a Merchant or other third party, or for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of the way in which any such refusal or delay is communicated to you or is otherwise published.
78. Save to the extent that we are unable under applicable law to disclaim such liability, we are not responsible for the delivery or condition of any goods and/or services paid for by a Card. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered in connection with any goods and/or services paid for by a Card.
79. If at any time any provision of the Agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions thereof shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
80. No provision in these Conditions shall affect your statutory rights under the Consumer Credit Act, 1995 or any regulations made thereunder . In the event of any conflict between these Conditions and such rights, your statutory rights shall prevail.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
81. The Agreement will be treated as having been executed within the Dublin Metropolitan area at AIB Card Issuing, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
82. The Agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and for our benefit you submit to the Irish Courts with respect to any dispute out of or in connection with the Agreement.
Copy Agreement and Larger Version
83. You can obtain a copy of these Conditions (including a version in larger print) and all other documents which make up the Agreement by contacting us. Our contact details are set out in the "Contacting Us" section of these Conditions.
84. These Conditions and all information and communication with you will be in English.
85. In the event that you wish to make a complaint you may do so by contacting us by telephone or in writing to us. Our contact details are set out in the "Contacting Us" section of these Conditions. If you are still not satisfied and you come within the jurisdiction of the Financial Services Ombudsman, you are entitled to take your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2. Further details of our complaints procedures may be obtained by contacting us.
86. At the date of issue of these Conditions our contact details are as set out below. These may change from time to time and up to date details can be found on your Statements.
Our address is:
AIB Card Issuing
PO Box 708
For lost, stolen or misused cards telephone us, 24 hours a day, at:
1800 24 22 27 or (from outside Ireland 353 1 2695022.
For all other queries telephone us, 24 hours a day, at:
(01)-6685500 or (from outside Ireland ) 00 353 1 6685500.
87. Access to your Account by telephone and internet (including internet banking message centre) will be in accordance with our procedures and the terms and conditions applicable from time to time for such access.
88. If you are posting your application to us please place it in an envelope addressed as follows: AIB Card Issuing, FREEPOST, PO Box 560 Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
89. Subject to applicable law we may contact you by post, fax, phone, online or email or in person.